Monday, November 23, 2015

The Lines in Life

  This is a shop downtown of where I live. If you recognize this, you now know where I live, but not who am, so ha. Today in downtown I went with a few of my friends and were shopping in certain shops as the two parents that were there shopped in others.

  Because I am now on Thanksgiving break (yippee!) I have a lot of time on my hands, as I'm not going anywhere this week. I decided to add that photo at the top because of the lack of photos on my blog. I mean, isn't that what a blog is semi all about?? 

  If you would like to see more pictures, comment down below, share, etc. etc. Also comment what kind of posts you would like to see. After all, when you're in middle school there's a lot of questions to ask.

  Now onto my main topic: Why Have I Decided To Write A Blog?

  Here are my top reasons:
  1. great boredom buster
  2. I have a journal, but this is also nice because someone, somewhere, can be reading this
  3. to help

  I would mainly like to focus on number three. To help. When I was starting middle school I felt alone. Of course, I had all my friends, but I had no idea what to expect. I felt like I was in an ocean of many different kinds of fish when I was switching classes, but instead of being one of those fish, gliding through the powerful current of backpacks and yard duties, I felt more like... like I was drowning. 

  And the interesting thing about this time in our lives is that when we're doing something like switching classes, we're so involved in what we're thinking. We are all pretty much convinced that no one else is going through something like this. That none of the people passing by us, chatting with their friends, buried in a book, tripping over someone's rolly suitcase, the owner of a rolly suitcase zigzagging through the maze of humans, are thinking some (if not all) of the statements below:
  1.  What if I bump into someone... that would be so embarrassing!
  2. Aah! He looked at me! Does he like me...? 
  3. Wait.. did I do the homework correctly last night?
  4. Is my shirt on backwards? Oh no. My shirt's on backwards!
  5. That girl is looking at me weird. Do I know her? What did I do wrong? Why is she staring at me!?
  6. Does Mrs. so and so hate me? I think she hates me.

  And so on. I mean, the list only continues! It's like when you're in 2nd/3rd grade and you learn about lines, how a line never ends and a segment is a piece of a line, therefor it does end. I would now like you to please take a moment to think about the things in your life that are like lines. It just happens and happens, never ending. Then take a moment to think about the things in your life that are more like segments, only occurring once or twice, but not being continuous. Just... take a minute.

  What did you come up with? Here's my list of lines in my life:

  1.  clumsiness
  2. humiliation
  3. boredom
  4. friendship
  5. family
  6. love
  7. trust
  If you thought of the first to, that's common. Most people see themselves as the queen of clumsiness, the owner of humiliation. Isn't that just so sad to think about, that most people, no matter who they are, consider themselves something in that field?? 

  So, what can we do to stop this? If we see ourselves negatively all the time, think of everyone else who does that when you catch yourself feeling low about yourself. Then, find the positive side to whatever you're beating yourself up for. It will make the world a little better, and even if this helps just one of you, that makes me more than happy, because if we can minimize the amount of negativity in this world and make that more of a segment than a line, it makes me happy. It really, truly does.

  Remember, I'm not doing this for publicity. I mean, to be frank, no one is probably reading this right now, so why would I anyways. There's no audience! But seriously, I'm not. I'm not doing this to show that I'm some amazing person who helps everyone and saves the day. No.

  I'm doing this to show that we can help save the day. I'm doing this to inject more love, trust, and hope in the world, even if it's just a little schmidget.

 But most importantly, I'm doing this to help.

  XOXO Mo, a Middle Schooler 










































No comments:

Post a Comment