Friday, December 25, 2015

DIY Glittery Pinecones



   The day after Thanksgiving of this year, my aunt, brother, and I ventured around our front yard in search of small, rosette-like looking pinecones. My aunt had gone through a phase where she enjoyed using glitter glue to glitter everything from pinecones to leaves to glass jars.

   We didn't have any glitter glue lying around the house (which really surprised me), so my dad and aunt hopped over to Target to get some; when they got back, boy were we ready to start gluing!! They turned out to be so beautiful and elegant-looking, when really all it took was some glitter-glue and small rosette-like pinecones from our front yard.


 

becomes.....


  The great thing about this project is how general it is; you can make themed ones for holidays, or if you just do a simple gold or silver (like the one shown above), you can just keep them around year-long. Different pinecones, and even different forms of nature can be gliterafied!! Umm... is that even a word?? Whateves, it's Christmas, am I right!? Basically, what I'm trying to say is that I even did a leaf, so yes, this project can definitely be tweaked to your exact liking ;).

   


  We made ours mainly for Christmas, but I'm sure there'll be many we keep out of the Holiday Boxes.


    Love you guys, Merry Christmas!!


  XOXO Mo, a Middle Schooler

  



No comments:

Post a Comment