Friday, January 29, 2016
*DISCLAIMER: When this goes up, I will have had my expander for almost 2 weeks :)
P.S. expanding it every-other-night SUCKS... oh the joys of medical issues ;)
So... today I got an expander. Yeah. The past two weeks I have had separators on the top of my mouth. Yeah.
I kind of think of my teeth and orthodontics stuff like group projects: It's almost always annoying, a patience test, and just overall SUCKS. But, in the end, it was worth it, for there's (almost always) a good outcome. :)
I've found that I do that quite often: compare. Like the other day, when I compared a little broccoli bit to our earth during dinner!! (I'm not the only one, right? ;) ) So anyhow, I said that the clove of broccoli was like our earth because, a, the green factor, and, b, the little flowers on it can be either compared to cities/locations, or human beings!! It's kinda' crazy to think about, huh.
So to continue, YOUR TEETH MATTER. My Grandma is always talking about how "braces are a right good thing, and you should be glad to be getting them." Oh, Grandma! You gotta' love 'em though.
So yes, I care about my teeth. I care about your teeth. I care about everybody's stuff in their mouths that are the only visible bones uncovered by skin that can chew, chomp, and grind.
When you really think about, your teeth are quite versatile beings. They can do so much to help, but if you don't treat them right, then you're in trouble. They may become a lot less versatile, and even give you the chance of never returning to their original, healthy state.
Hope this post's topic wasn't to weird/boring/irrelevant. I just wanted to get it out there. Plus, I was bored : /.
Saturday, January 2, 2016
Happy New Year's Eve!! 2015 has absolutely become a year to remember. So much has happened that it only feels right to put it into a list. So, what are some amazing things I would like to cherish and remember from the year 2015?? Well, here they are:
- January: joining a friend group where I was already friends with most of the girls, who were in my class
- February: filming a mini-series with my friends
- March: doing the school musical (even if I was just in the chorus ;) )
- April: nothing much....
- May: nothing much....
- June: doing a horse back riding summer camp
- July: doing my first sleep away summer camp with my friends
- August: celebrating my birthday when most of my new and old friends got to meet
- September: joining a girl's flag football team and getting into the full swing of Middle School
- October: doing my first group costume with my friends; i became friends with the group I'm currently a part of in January of 2015
- November: getting my goal mile time
- December: getting on the team for gymnastics
So tell me, what are your greatest accomplishments?? We all have them.
XOXO, Mo, a Middle Schooler